Wednesday 3 November 2010

Milo: The Great Pronunciation Debate

You say to-mah-to, I say to-may-to, right? Apparently you can have either way right? It doesn't matter right? Wrong! Well, it's wrong when it comes to this  famous energy food drink.

I've noticed recently that my Southern African friends pronounce it as 'My-lo' like it's a name, whereas my friends above the equator and particularly in West Africa pronounce it as 'Millow' (like it rhymes with willow).

My opinion - you can't drink a person. I was raised on 'Millow'. Am I right? Comment below or use the poll to the right.

9 comments:

  1. Its Milo(pronounced Millow) every time, anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I say tomato, you say tomayto ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although having never seen this drink before today, I'm tempted to opt for neither Millow or Mylo...I look at it and see Meelow...but that might just be me :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm...so the poll let's you vote more than once - I voted twice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not fair. It doesn't even let me vote twice! And why is everyone voting for Mylo it's millow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ziggi I think Meelow = Millow which is sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea whether its My-lo or Millow I've never heard of drank the drink because I'M A 21ST CENTURY KID. (Not a goat)

    ReplyDelete

Want to have your say? Do it...